- Originally from the data provided the instrument shield can be seen as follows:
- The Damaged shield with the noise using the given data is seen as follows:
- The noise are the peak values that are seen in the above image.
- The noise from the above image is removed by comparing the value at a point with the nearest neighbour and then if the difference between their values is greater than 20% than the average value of its two nearest neighbours is substituted in its place. Thus we obtain a smooth image with the dent which can be seen from the below image.
- Calculating the difference between the original image and the damaged imaged with noise removed we obtain the maximum deflection value as 3.62 mm which is less than the limit of 4 mm. We can see the dented portion from the below image.